- 01.12.2023 - 07.04.2024
- 08:30 - 16:30
- 30 km
- 28 km
- 19 km
- 77 km
The panoramic and family ski area - the Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See
Opening of the new Sonnkogelbahn and Sonnkogel Restaurant
The “Sonnkogelbahn” 3-seater chairlift was dismantled and withdrawn from service in the summer after almost 40 years in operation. The new combination lift from Doppelmayr’s D-Line is a complete novelty in Austria since, for the first time, the way the lift is used will change depending on the season – with 8-seater gondolas in summer and 6-seater chairs in winter.
The popular Sonnkogel Restaurant is reopening with the start of winter. The Sonnkogelbahn mountain station has been moved slightly to the east due to the construction of the new cable car, creating space for twice as many indoor seats, a generous extension to the sun terrace and a state-of-the-art kitchen with bar.
Pure Mountain Vibes - Schmitten Unplugged is a highlight in the event calendar. On 16 and 17 December 2023, numerous musicians will fill the air around the Schmittenhöhe with the melodious melodies of Pure Mountain Vibes, which focuses on acoustic cover songs.
The Falstaff Pleasure Ski Days also take place in spring. From 7 to 10 March 2024, award-winning chefs will conjure up exquisite dishes with excellent wine accompaniment and spoil guests while skiing in the sun on the panoramic terraces.
Schmitten Action Cup:
With the Schmitten Action Cup, you can add even more excitement and variety to a day's skiing on the Schmitten! The credo is: buckle up your skis and snowboard, collect badges and win sensational prizes every month!
This is how it works: Register your ski pass number at www.skiline.cc and register for the Schmitten Action Cup. Once you have completed one task, you can take part in the monthly prize draw for two day ski passes for the Schmittenhöhe. The winter sports enthusiast with the most badges wins the monthly ranking.
The best of it all? The grand prize at the end of the season! Every skier and snowboarder who has collected seven of the eight badges is automatically entered into the final drawing.
The Schmitten in Zell am See, Austria’s most beautiful panorama mountain, offers – apart from the magnificent 360° Panorama of more than 3,000 meter peaks – a wide ranging program both on and off the ski slopes.
Special for Family & Kids:
- Kidsslope with slalom cours and a combination several, fantastic elements
- Schmidolin's dragon park & dragon tunnel with exercise area
Fun & Action are guaranteed:
- Schmitten Funslope XXL
- Skimovie race course
- Schmitten Snowpark
- Photo points & Skiline in the whole ski area
Sport & Action:
- black piste TRASS, upt to 70%
- Schmitten Nightslope
- Ski touring at Ronachkopf, Thumersbach
At Schmittenhöhe we take care for your well-being and provide culinary delicacies. Numerous sunny terraces await you at the alpin huts and mountain restaurants.
Schmitten, the home mountain of Zell am See, is also known as the mountain of art for more than 20 years. You can discover the mountain and its sculptures by foot at a guided snowshoe hike.
All details under www.schmitten.at/en
- Saalbach Hinterglemm / Leogang / Fieberbrunn
- Ski amade / Flachau / Snow Space Salzburg
- Kitzsteinhorn / Kaprun / Zell am See
- Ski amade / Hochkönig / Maria Alm / Dienten / Mühlbach
- Ski amade / Zauchensee / Flachauwinkl
- Großarl Tal / Ski amade
- Ski amade / Wagrain / Snow Space Salzburg
- Leogang / Saalbach Hinterglemm Fieberbrunn
- Bad Gastein / Ski amade
- Schmitten / Zell am See
- Bad Hofgastein / Ski amade
- Lofer / Almenwelt Lofer
- Ski amade / Shuttleberg Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl
- Krimml-Hochkrimml / Zillertal Arena
- Wildkogel-Arena / Neukirchen / Bramberg
- Ski amade / Radstadt / Altenmarkt
- Königsleiten-Wald / Zillertal Arena
- Filzmoos / Ski amade
- Hinterreit / Saalfelden